Apple is spending millions to keep their users clipped to its products. Take a look at this:
- You can't download OTA MP3 and save it to the device, it should be from ITunes.
- You can download apps only from the Apple Store.
- If you are Bahraini, screw you, you have only the Bahrain or Saudi Apple Store which contains either sex stories apps or Islamic calenders. No Angry birds.
- You can't trick apple to change your Store to US to get more stuff. You have to have a credit card, even if you do have one, is not smooth to install.
- You can't replace the battery or have a backup one use this one only.
- No you can only charge iPhone with this charger, what? oh no, no microUSB.
- Flash? Who needs it?
- You can only buy applications, music from ITunes not from another site.
- You cannot test your app without a license, buy a developer license and install your app.
- Last but not least expensive products that locks you down.
Despite that the guys from iPhone Dev Team spend so much time to hack the OS and unlock it. Every user is waiting for this jailbreak yet they don't confess. Now it is nice that IOS users have some degree of freedom after this latest jailbreak, but this should not be necessary. "Apple really needs to trust their users with their own devices." -- grant
That is what's happening between Apple and their users. What really baffles me isn't Apple, but Apple users! It is like they are saying "My kidnapper didn't beat me every night and sometimes I even got cake."
Are you an Apple hostage? I'm sure not.