Every consumer has his own world. One's world might be Twitter applications. Another consumer's world might be the Electric High-Voltage maneuvering with GIS.
Utilize that world, find a market niche (a very small one) and hammer it with all your power.
Know the 80/20 rule. You may have developed something so large and so big aiming for the mass average people. Sadly, that won't work anymore.
- The best Social Marketing Blogger.
- The best kids Shoe Maker.
- The best IPhone social network application developer.
- The best Linux to Windows Application Programmer.
- The best hacker? No. The best bank ATM hacker.
- The best Mac applications cracker.
And you'll get the best middle name ever.
- Elie The Social Marketing Blogger.
- John The Kids Shoe Maker.
- Jasmin The IPhone social network developer.
- Cody The Linux to Windows programmer.
- Yaseen The ATM hacker.
- Anders The Mac Cracker.
So, be "the" best in my world.